State of the Town Address
Last week I was asked “What will 2019 bring to Winthrop?” It is sometimes hard to look up from my desk and daily issues to foresee what is ahead. However, I can say with certainty, the future is bright! Here are some projects we are working on for 2019.
- New Winthrop Library will be planned with funding secured by FoWL. Located on newly acquired Town property at White Ave and Norfolk.
- Heckendorn Hillside Open Space Park may be acquired from the Methow Conservancy when grant funding becomes available and solution is obtained for ingress/egress.
- Riverwalk Trail Phase 1, pathway underpass Hwy 20 Chewuch bridge permitting will be completed.
- Completion of Susie Stephens Trail Hwy 20 pedestrian crossing.
- Perry Street and Lince Waterline upgrade and chip seal paving, Spring 2019.
- New zoning for nightly rentals will be announced by Planning Commission.
- Solar system requirements added to Westernization code.
- Coordinations with Fire-wise and District 6 for cleanup and safe emergency shelter-in-place options.
- Complete LED lighting conversions for downtown street-lights.
- Hire Marshal and a second Deputy, bringing department back to full staffing.
- Grant funding application for Town Trailhead parking improvements.
- Possible hire of new part-time Code Enforcer for WDRB and Town Municipal code.
- Public Restroom and Town Hall remodel/restoration with application for State Historical Building status.
- Replace/repair flagpoles and Bandshell refurbishment at Mac Lloyd Park.
- Various upgrades to Winthrop Barn with help of WAA.
- Winthrop Rink possible addition of emergency generator and air conditioning.
... the list goes on as new ideas and funding become available.
Thank you for your support. Let me know of any concerns you might have or items we need to add to the list. Winthrop's future is bright indeed.
Winthrop Town Hall